Saturday, March 9, 2013

Linen Closet Organization

I grew tired of stuffing piles of sloppy sheets into whatever empty nooks I could find in my linen closet. So I decided it wouldn't be that horrible to reorganize it if I could find some cute containers to make me dread the project less.

I just went to the Dollar Tree (I stumbled upon the biggest store in the state) and got a bunch of containers all red, tan and blue.

I even watched a YouTube video about how to fold a fitted sheet (why didn't I do that sooner?) And now I think it's easier to fold fitted sheets than regular ones!

The inspiration for this post was iheartorganizing.blogspot.com for her "linens and the loo" feature this month.

Below are some closeups of the top half and bottom half of my new closet/pantry setup.

Anyway, that's that for now. I don't know how, for just one person I manage to have so much stuff! Everytime I organize a closet or pantry I get rid of so much. But I do know, it feels good to get started on my spring cleaning. Next up, Bachelor finale party!

Oh, and I had to snap a shot of what's going on while I type this. Cuddle bugs on a gloomy day.


Update: Thanks to Fox Hollow Cottage for featuring this post on her Facebook page!

This post is linked up to iHeart Organizing and Tatertots & Jello.

23 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT! Wow, you did a wonderful job. Love that it was thrifty too ;) Sharing on my fb page.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colors! I also bought some bins from the dollar store for my closet! Looking forward to posting soon!
    Kelly
    believingin1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Shannon :) And Kelly, I can't wait to see when you post your closet. Drop me a note when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Doesn't it feel good to open up those doors to see such a pretty and organized space? I picked up some baskets and bins from Dollar Tree a couple of weeks ago in the blues and reds. I love finding super affordable organizers that look good too!

    Stephanie
    onemilehomestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I'm all about the budget, but that doesn't mean we can't try to make things pretty right?

      Delete
  5. Oooh LOVE it! So pretty and love that it's affordable too! I popped over from I Heart Organizing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous (and even better that it's thrifty!). Here via iheartorganizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Did you do the challenge too?

      Delete
  7. Great Job! We are also big fans of Dollar Tree bins for organizing projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Shannon I couldn't live somewhere without a Dollar Tree!

      Delete
  8. Looks great! Your containers are so bright & cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy! One of the advantages to living in my own place is getting to pick out girly colors for everything :)

      Delete
  9. It looks so great and bright and cheery! Love it!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashlee - thanks for commenting on my linen closet makeover! I see we have lots of similar tastes since I love what you did with your linen closet, too. Isn't it amazing what a few cute bins can do for a closet. I will definitely be following along with your blog and can't wait to see what else you come up with. Happy Organizing!

    Shanna from www.thewandmakersmother.com

    (I would love if you followed along with my blog too so we can share in our trials and triumphs!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Love all the color. :)

    Thanks for popping by my blog and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog!! I love your linen closet! It not only is organized, but pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You organized your linen closet beautifully and very cutely too! love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ashlee! Looks so good! Nothing like an organized closet. Seems you and I have a lot in common! :) So nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you did an amazing job with this space! I love the mix of colors and bins and how lovely the end result looks!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did you make your labels and stick them o the woven baskets?

    ReplyDelete